Dear followers of Rulers of the Sea,
2020 was the year of the launch of our community campaign to see whether the Rulers of Sea project has enough appeal to have a shot at success. With more than fifty thousand followers and enough financial support to continue promotion, we think it has!
Despite the handicap of the COVID-19 pandemic we started looking for larger investment in late 2020, and that search is still ongoing. To bring the project to the next level is a real challenge. But thanks to all the supporters, we know who we are doing this for. You have been great!
Looking forward, we’re starting the new year with energy.
- For the fans we’ll bring the selection process live for all governmental titles. This way we will learn who are going to be the early testers and future influencers of the game.
- We will also bring structure and life to the History Network, the community of (amateur) historians and experts that we want to create to help us with research and content creation. We intend to start using the community more in 2021 to make development steps in the project.
- We will add some sponsorship options to get us ready for a next level funding, such as allowing people to create unique in-game characters (npc’s) and a merchandise webstore.
- A bit later in the year we’ll have another release of gamer shares.
- We’ll continue to work on more proto-typing, slowly expanding with the means we have, and we’ll put effort in improving the presentation and demo’s for the game.
Our Deadeye Games team is growing too, this is an important step in adding to the execution power and credibility of the project. As we progress and the project gains reputation, we notice that the people that want to sign on are getting more experienced. It is good to realize that no-one gets paid on this project (yet). We all do it out of passion and a hope this project will take off. All people signing on to the team are pretty special.
End of January we’ll decide on a next strategy to attract more funds. Right now we have several routes we can take, all with cons and pros. We’re working out all the alternatives with some advice from experienced investors, so we’re looking at an interesting start of the year.
We still have a long road to go. But thanks to your support we’ve got as far as we did, and for that we are really grateful. We still believe this can be done!
We wish you all a very happy and successful new year! We hope you’ll continue to be with us in 2021!
The Deadeye Games team